$6.98 well spent!

on Sunday, May 23, 2010

I hardly ever go to K-Mart because it's out of my way, and unless I'm on the hunt for something I try not to exert myself overly much (which may account for the extra dress size in the past year...hmmm). But I managed to find myself near one last week (a K-Mart, not a dress size) and thought I'd have a meander...because meandering is not at all related to the aforementioned exertion. And I'm glad I did, because I spotted these beautiful potted chrysanthemums...aren't they a spectacular colour?
For the moment they're living in the silver ice bucket...which I even managed to give a shine, that's how excited about this plant I was...and I think they look great...although I probably could have chosen one with a few more leaves now I look at it...

...still, what a bargain...much cheaper than a bunch of flowers...

I'll plant them out in the courtyard garden when they're done with being inside and hope for the best...

Wish me luck with that! Apparently the MGM's dad used to grow and show chrysanthemums...and win prizes for them...in Walgett of all places (overseas bloggy peeps, Walgett is a very dusty little town way out west in New South Wales and as far as I can tell, not the centre of the chrysanthemum universe). Which makes me even more impressed...and I don't impress easily let me tell you!!
...but most importantly, thank you to everyone for your wonderful, kind, witty and caring comments last week about all things townhouse. I love that you take time out of your busy days to visit and I think my cold has almost disappeared. And hello and thank you to new followers as well...I really appreciate your support and hope that you get a little bit of tranquil here from time to time. Heaven knows blogworld is where I come for a good dose of serenity! The 22 year old and I worked together on the new blog header...I took the photo and he did the hard stuff...we hope you like it...and big hugs to you Ben. Apparently I was a difficult client...I find that very hard to believe :)
all images by me...quite pleased with them I am!