a simple solution for a small annoyance

on Monday, May 24, 2010

No, Buffy is not the small annoyance I am referring to...she's a much bigger problem! But this jewellery box, bloggy peeps, believe it or not...was the simple solution...
to this small annoyance...a candle plate that I have had for years and quite like...which of course you can no longer buy the right size candles for (at the right sized price at least)...

What to do? Fill in the gap of course...and create a whole lot of different looks while you're at it...I tried beachy...

pastel...

tribal...

a touch of old worlde charm...(that was my grandma's brooch)

chinoiserie...

bold and modern...

organic...

love anything remotely boho...

elegant...

a bit of bling...(see that Burberry perfume...a little goes a long way believe me!)

and the life aquatic...

 And then what happens...?

...you find a candle that fits almost perfectly...and it doesn't cost the earth. Sigh. Life's like that.

I'm linking this to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch

...well it's kind of one I think even though it required no power tools or paint!

all images by me...they took forever to stage, but it was heaps of fun! Just one more procrastination project brought to you by a tranquil townhouse!