30 days...30 bags

on Sunday, February 19, 2012

I stumbled upon a list while I was doing a bit of blog hopping... it was about decluttering. 40 places in the house...a bag of junk evicted every day for 40 days.  Then I started to read The Happiness Project. First chapter...decluttering. Everywhere I look people are chucking stuff out. So I thought I'd better jump on the bandwagon. However, it's 30 days and 30 bags for me...40 being a bit too biblical for my liking!  Here are the first three from a very productive few hours in my wardrobe and chest of drawers over the weekend. With apologies for the very uninspiring photo...
That makes 27 over the next 29 days...easy!  Here's where I'm going to focus my attention:
  • kitchen drawers, pantry, under the kitchen sink
  • study drawers, cupboard, bookshelves, files (I tackled the wardrobe over the holidays)
  • bedside tables
  • wardrobe top shelf
  • linen cupboard
  • bathroom
  • cupboard under the stairs
  • studio drawers/shelves/wooden chest
  • living room storage
  • shed
  • garage
  • courtyard
  • car
  • magazines
And in a major change to my normal MO...those bags have already been dropped off to the clothing bin! Have you done a major declutter lately? How'd you go? What was the toughest thing about it? Any tips? I'll feel better once it's all done won't I...as long as I don't get chucker-outer remorse J