this week's top ten, and a mum update...

on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm sorry I've been so remiss 
I should have let you know that mum's operation appears to have been successful...thank you to everyone who's asked.
We'll know more when the surgeon reviews at the six week point, but the pain appears to be significantly reduced, so that's good.
A bit more worrying is the memory loss. 
Confusion after the operation was to be expected of course,
the hallucinations were mildly amusing...not nasty or scary, and we can laugh about them now :)
the nurses put on a christmas pantomine in the ward at 1am, apparently!
The confusion seems to be continuing unfortunately...
not to the extent of singing and dancing nurses thank goodness... 
and you can be forgiven for forgetting a lot when you're 82 of course..
 but my sister and I are a bit worried. And it's a bugger when we both live so far away. One day at a time I guess.
there you go though...a bonus picture for putting up with my grumbling :)
images seen on: a punch of color; bohemian shoebox; brydie brown; creamy life; desire to inspire; the diversion project; gild and grace; lona de anna; mix and chic; scrapbook; spicer and bank