soul food friday ~ being in the garden

on Thursday, November 3, 2011

I have to say that the little townhouse garden is excelling itself so far this spring...
I wouldn't call myself a brilliant gardener...I'm certainly not very knowledgeable about trees and plants and flowers...not like Sarah
But I am completely convinced of one thing...
  ...there are few things more restorative to a sad heart, a tired body or a worried brain than spending some time in a garden...
 admiring the perfect loveliness of a simple little flower and being grateful for the chance to sit for a while and just look
 even if it's only in the confines of a small courtyard garden. Actually, especially in a small space...it reminds me that we don't need all that very much to be happy.
Gardens allow us to just 'be'.
...even if that small garden is inhabited by a mad cat :)
The slayer and I send you our best wishes for a wonderful, serene weekend. Go and smell some flowers  if you can. And as Elvis says...

 This week for the first time I'm joining in with maxabella loves...
all images: a tranquil townhouse