some stuff I bought in new york...

on Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hands up if you want to see what I bought?
miniature rubber glove moulds from fishs eddy...they sit on the kitchen window sill...but the windows need cleaning...say no more
To be honest I didn't buy all that much...relatively speaking...these prints are from MoMA and need to be framed (obviously)...perhaps not my normal style but I seriously love them...
There's so little I really need...but a shiny red lacquer tray from Pearl Trading seemed to be one of those things...
I wanted to be sensible...of course a gaudy-smoke breathing-incense burning chinese dragon is sensible isn't it :)
as is this 1940s lucite handbag...from the Antiques Garage flea market...the most expensive thing I bought
engraved brass says Original Rialto NY
...it was my 'this represents NY to me' purchase...and I will definitely use it. It makes you wonder about the life it's had doesn't it?
...and then there's the kitsch of course...no t-shirts, but a snow globe? Couldn't not...
...perfect next to my John Denver autograph!
And a little something from Tiffany & Co...completely affordable votive, even if it was much heavier to lug home than a diamond ring...which was not completely affordable :)
Some things for the offspring...don't you love this 1930s brooch (that can also be a necklace) that I bought for the first born...hope you love it Jess...if not it can stay with me :)
and some printers blocks and the 'coolest USB ever' for the 22 year old...flea market and the MoMA design shop....great shopping combination
a bit of jewellery...nothing at all expensive...but very much me (which is not to say I'm cheap of course!)...bought at various gallery shops
...and who doesn't need new measuring cups...these from Anthropologie...
...and I always, but always try to find a buddha on my travels...bingo! And I'm happy with the spot it's found itself in...for the moment :)
So there you go...I think I'm going to get this photo that I took blown up and framed as well...could look quite cool and edgy...like me, now that I've been to New York...*guffaw*
And now, you wonderfully patient people...we say goodbye to the big apple...
The townhouse will resume normal blogging transmission, starting with tomorrow's top ten pics of the week...none of mine because there have been quite enough of those already :)
Oh, one last thing...those boots...?
...they walked!