new york...fabulous fleas and awesome art

on Thursday, March 31, 2011

 Warning: extreme art overload...
You must feel like you keep being invited over to my place for a slide night by now!
I have thought about whether I should post all these pics...after all, it's not the same as being there is it?
And I would hate you to think I'm gloating. I'm definitely not, because I do know how lucky I am to have had the opportunity to flit off to New York...
and I really do think of it as sharing my experience with you...
But...I'm human, and I want this record of a fabulous time to be on my blog. That, I guess is what it's here for! So feel free to skip right by if you're not interested in flea markets or art galleries...however fascinating I might find them!
The thing I loved about all the museums and galleries I saw...that was MoMA up there...I was early...it got a lot busier!...
...the great thing was that you were allowed to take photos in them..
...so photos I took...boy did I took :)
you can't do that here...take photos in galleries I mean...what's that about?
I feel like writing to the Director of the National Gallery of Australia and requesting a 'please explain'! Skip past the next pic if you don't share my love of all things Asian...
It's positively un-Australian...the not being allowed to take photos that is...and quite possibly not loving buddhas as well :)
I know most of you are hanging out to see what I bought...but you'll have to wait...the views and the places and the people first...
...it's a bit like making sure you open the card before you rip the paper off the present :))
Soon....soon. Promise.
images by me...image 1: Museum of Modern Art; 2-3: Hell's Kitchen Flea Market; 4-5: Antiques Garage Flea; 6-9: MoMA; 10-14: Metropolitan Museum of Art