postcards from new york...

on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Are you bored to snores with all my travel pics yet? 
Never mind...just a few more days of it :) I took about eleventy-three photos of the statue of liberty...I'll spare you the rest.
So...New York. I knew I'd love it, but I didn't know I'd love it as much as I did.
And for some strange reason, I don't know how to explain why it's grabbed me the way it has. I can only...
I know I'm not the only one who says this.
It's like when you have a crush on a boy...
you can't get enough...
You hang off every word...
they can do no wrong...
[NOT the swanky end!]
everything is exciting...even weird mini size burgers called sliders. Don't ask...I don't know.
and enchanting...I love the Flatiron building to bits don't you?
and bright...
and shiny...
somehow I can't see the gloss ever fading from New York.
Yep, it's love.
even when it rains...[or snows]...or is just very bloody cold!
there was nothing I didn't get a thrill from seeing...
even the steam coming out of a subway vent enthralled me (my friend Mary thought I was mad...she could be right)
I'm sure I spent most of the time walking around with a grin on my face...
and my jaw on the ground...
most attractive!

[I thought Wall St would be wider didn't you? That's the stock exchange mid left] 
 Yep...serious love
Tomorrow? Let me see...flea markets, MoMA and the Met? Yep, I think that sounds about right :)
And because this truly is about the good life...I'm linking up to A Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesday :)


all images by me...except the one of Mary and me on top of the Empire State Building taken by a random tourist. A very nice random tourist of course...who took a cracker of a snap :)