my early Christmas present...art

on Monday, December 19, 2011

I am more than a little bit in love with this early Christmas present I received on Sunday...and just quietly, the man who painted it  J
It was created by the fella a while ago and it's called Teasels. Don't ask why, I don't know!  Actually...I do know now.  I googled teasel...it's a plant! Makes perfect sense. Richard tells me there are three separate shadows due to three different light sources while he was painting it.
I've been secretly coveting this painting for a long time, so to be given it was a completely lovely surprise...and I couldn't be more chuffed. And I'm super happy to have it in my home, where it looks so good against the red of the antique cabinet, don't you think? Yes, me too. If you look closely you can see that I've hung it a little lower between taking the first and second pictures.
It has of course meant a major rearrangement of the art in the town-house but I don't mind...I love it to pieces. I'm really lucky to have so many creative people in my life J
photos by a tranquil townhouse; artwork by Richard Baldwin