a bit of jewellery organisation...

on Sunday, October 30, 2011

I don't know about you but I seem to wear the same jewellery over and over.  There are some pieces that never come off (except when going through the airport screening of course)...two silver bracelets I bought with money from my parents to celebrate my 5oth are always with me.
I have a bit of jewellery...not much of it is precious in terms of dollar value, but I do like a good necklace or pair of earrings...or three.  But I wasn't wearing much of it because it was shoved away in various drawers, boxes and what have you's.  Except for the necklaces...they've lived here for a while...I think you've seen them draped over my bedroom mirror before.
But my earrings and rings were another story. Not any more!
I had been collecting 'silver' mugs from op shops (ignore their unpolished state) and one day, not so long ago I had an idea. Mugs as earring holders...and a bowl for bracelets, rings and brooches...why not? So I did...and now they're being worn...I really must polish that silver one day though!