chinese new year and some NY travel tips from you... if you would be so kind

on Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year of the Rabbit to you...any cause for celebration is ok by me...and yes, I know I'm a day late...but it's probably still February 3 somewhere in the world surely :)
According to Chinese tradition, the Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves.
Oh well, bring that on thank you very muchly...what with floods, cyclones, snow storms and goodness knows what else in the last month, let alone the last year, we could all do with some calm! Perhaps the year of the Tiger was just having its last hurrah! We can hope.

Can you believe the size of that bunny! And no, I'm not related to the man in the colourful jumper...
Anyway, enough of that. Now that I've got your attention with a bizarre picture, and rabbiting on about Chinese horoscopes, here's what I really wanted to tell you. I'm going on a little trip next month and I need your help. Where are you going Kez I hear you ask...just in case you glossed over the post title. Well this, dear bloggy peeps would be the answer...
...as you'd know if you FB with me.
I'm going to Washington for work (oh yes, work can definitely have its benefits), plus one day there for sightseeing. And then (don't hate me please) I'm going to New York for six lovely days...days made all the more lovely because I will be meeting my Canadian friend Mary there. We haven't seen each other for 20 years when our husbands were both posted to the UK. How exciting is that! BTW, she's still got that husband...I was a little more careless :)
So....what should we do in our six days? What are the must sees? If you haven't been there let me know what you'd love to do if you were coming with us...and we'll try to do it for you (which I know is absolutely no consolation but  it's the best I can do). Sorry about that.
I'm making a list. I'll be checking it twice (oops, wrong holiday). I know I'll want to do some of the usual tourist things, but I'm hoping for something a bit different as well. Do you know any great flea markets for instance. Funny little shops were I can find a treasure that will speak to me forever of New York. You know what I mean don't you. So, if you know about a gem, or you know someone who does, could you please pass it on? I'd be ever so grateful. Can't speak for Mary though...she's probably got her own plans!
Have an absolutely fabulous weekend and thank you very much for all the comments this week...you're a top lot. You really are.