a little trip to the big smoke...and an IKEA headache

on Sunday, October 17, 2010

I do like to visit Sydney. We don't do it as often as we should but this week it was on the manageable list. And where else in the world can you take a stroll after dinner and see things like this! And look...Mary McKillop on the bridge pylon...now officially Australia's first saint.
When you have free tickets to something, you should take advantage if you can. So we did.  Off to the Better Homes and Gardens Live Event. We were alas, a little late getting out of Canberra...there were eggs benedict to be scoffed and a carpark to get lost in (that was NOT me by the way).
Anyway... the live event. It wasn't too bad at all. I think it would have been a lot better though if we were doing major renovations, building a house, furnishing a house, needing lots of pots, pans or emu oil! The best part for me was the Prints Charming stall...really nice people, beautiful fabrics...
...and of course, being the book freak I am...I had to buy this one. And I'm itching to stitch! Look at that fabulous display of screen printing bits and pieces.
And if I'm really honest, I was also itching to get to IKEA.  I had imagined that it would shut at 5.00 and time was slipping away. Had I been organised I would have looked up the website before leaving home and discovered it stayed open till 7.00. Never mind. More time to battle crowds and be tempted by things I don't need! Here are a few more snaps from the live event...I love those chairs and aren't those mushrooms magic!
And on to Ikea...I can't take photos there...too scared I'll miss something good if I'm looking through a lens. I went for frames, fabric and a floor lamp...all F words, so easy to remember. I came home with frames and a floor lamp but no fabric, but that's ok.  Here's the lamp I bought. I love it to bits but I did have a mighty Ikea headache by the time I got to the lighting section! I'm not showing you a photo of it in situ though...not until I lose the revolting living room wall colour I've inherited. Don't worry...it's on the list!
Monday already.  Where do the weekends go?
Don't forget to leave me a comment on Cuppie the travelling cupcake. It's looking for a new adventure on its trip around the world and it could be coming to your house. Go on...it's fun...promise!