nowhere close to being too cool for school

on Monday, March 22, 2010

Much excitement around the tranquil townhouse... not that Buffy the Vampire Slayer (aka the truly horrible cat) seemed to care much. She just carried on whining to be fed as usual, not sensing my exhilaration one little bit.
Oh yes she looks harmless here, but you don't live with her! Just ask my friends who she's taken a swipe at...they'll tell you.
You see, yesterday I picked up the phone, gave over my credit card details and signed up to do a Certificate IV in Design at the International School of Colour and Design. 
The school's in Sydney and alas I'm not, so I'll be doing it by distance...and there is that little matter of my real job to worry about, so heading off to Sydney is not an option (and I doubt the first born would want to put me up on the couch for that long!)
But distance learning is how I did my Masters so I know it can work...just need to be disciplined Kerry...you can do it...remember your Army training.
image from here
OK, maybe not that...it brings me out in a very nasty rash!
The materials should arrive in a few weeks and I can't wait.
But to tide me over, I did this great little quiz thingy they have on their website...it tells you what your decorating style is...and my oh my...it was accurate in my case.
Here's my result...
...and here is what it tells me a magazine cover designed by me would look like...not so sure about that one

It's such a cool thing to play with...go on, have a go...you know you want to!
first image by me; second from google; others from the ISCD website