tassie highlights...last one (almost) and a request

on Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm drafting this on Thursday night; I can hear the Australian Open tennis on the tv in the living room. Lleyton's behind in the first set and already this holiday feels like it happened so long ago.  I wasn't ready to go back to work on Wednesday, but was even less ready for the funeral I had to attend that afternoon. Rudi, a very lovely man, husband to an extraordinary and equally lovely woman Kirsty, was lost to cancer at only 45. Not at all fair. So, I'm probably not in the best frame of mind for blog posting, but I reckon I can manage some more pretty pictures of Tassie J
Richmond:
I was going to say 'historic' Richmond, but that pretty much describes everything in Tasmania! The weather wasn't kind to us that day...even the ducks were sheltering under the picnic tables.
Pooley Wines:
Incredibly beautiful property (look, the vineyard cat even matched) , lovely people (in fact I think everyone in Tassie is lovely) and the Sparkling Pinot wasn't bad either!
Pirates Bay:
The middle picture is a part of the bay called the Tessellated Pavement. I recorded a lovely little movie on my camera of the waves coming in over the rocks. It's very peaceful but I can't work out how to put it on here so that it's not at 90 degrees, i.e. you have to be horizontal to watch it! It's probably not the right time for a lie-down so never mind L
DooTown:
Yep, good old Aussie 'something or other'...not quite sure what!  Doo-Google DooTown...you know you want to. I had to bring home a postcard of course. 
Lleyton's lost the first set to Andy Roddick but is ahead in the second. 
And you know what...I think I'm going to stop here...I've run out of puff!  Port Arthur and Battery Point will have to wait for another day. And then that will be it, I promise!
Well, who would have thought...the match is at a set each!
early morning update: poor Andy had to retire hurt. Lleyton was gracious and I'm off to the first friday morning breakfast of the year with the girls.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. While you're doing your weekend things, sharing the mundane or the marvellous with people you love, could you please stop for a little moment and say a quiet prayer for my courageous friend Kirsty...that would be lovely if you could.
all images: a tranquil townhouse