top ten pictures from the week ~ 5 Oct 11

on Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sorry. A teeny bit late...
I thought that for a bit of a change, I'd give you an insight into what attracts me to the images I choose each week. What the first thing I notice is, because it will be different for each of us I'm sure. A scary look inside my brain!
No.1: textiles first, then books, art and windows. I don't like the blue coffee table, the toadstool or the creepy stuffed fawn, or the white side table in front of the tan sofa. Actually, I'd change quite a lot now I think about it!
 No. 2: the layered art and the interesting mirrored console/drinks thingy/whatever it is...
 No. 3: definitely the mirror, the black and white palette and the frilly shower curtain. The bath mat does nothing for me...I'd have a persian rug :)
 No. 4: the neon sign,the light boxes and the multiple lights...the quirk if you like. I'm not sure that I'd be doing the whole x-ray thing myself...perhaps something a little less confronting and a bit softer displayed on them to take some of the highly industrial edge off the room.
 No. 5: the art, the sofa and the zebra ottomans (or ottopersons as we call them in the tranquil townhouse...which reminds me, I have to recover mine but definitely not in zebra!)
 No. 6: the fact that it's a covered verandah...I am quite obsessed with verandahs...and that fireplace at the end. I'd have a lovely squishy armchair in here instead of a table and chairs though. Imagine escaping with a good book and hiding in here.
 No. 7: the art, especially the colours, the battered copper jug and just the elegant simplicity of the whole shebang
No. 8: that end wall and its little nook. It takes a simple and lovely kitchen into another place. I love it. Not sure about the three bottles at the end of the bench, but let's not be too picky.
No. 9: the windows, the height of the ceiling and the rustic table. It appears I have a bit of a thing for white kitchens. Actually, I think I do...I need to do something about mine pronto!
Hmm, no No. 10...never mind.
So, did you notice the things I did, or do you have a different take on what you pay attention to and what draws you in? 
images found, in order: architectural digest via design manifest; design manifest; design sponge; desire to inspire; lonny via brabourne farm; the decorista; the design files; driftwood interiors; 16 house