soul food friday ~ perfect relationships...

on Thursday, October 20, 2011

I think about relationships a lot.  Probably far too much. I like this quote.  I'm not sure how true it is, but I'm willing to give Bob the benefit of the doubt...drug induced though its birth may have been. I find myself nodding along. It talks about laughter, thinking,  awareness (of yourself and the other person), acceptance, reasonableness, acknowledgement, responsibility, care...all the right ingredients for a good relationship I think. 
I don't believe there's such a thing as complete perfection in a relationship but we hold on tight and value those bits of perfection that come to us...more often than not if we're lucky...those times of pure pleasure and rightness...before the next bit of imperfection...the annoying interlude, careless word or thoughtless act comes along to bite us on the bum. Whether it's done to us, or by us. 
But what I think I know about the perfect relationship is this:

the perfection in a relationship comes from overlooking the imperfections...the ones that don't matter all that much...the tiny little gnat bites...the ones that won't be important in six weeks or at a stretch, six months.

That's my take on it anyway...what's yours and what have I missed?
image from bits of truth