soul food friday ~ no, I'm not telling you what to do!

on Thursday, September 2, 2010

I've read some criticisms lately of posters and things like this...the objection is that people don't need to be told what to do.  I think that's mostly true.
BUT...
sometimes we need to remind ourselves. So if you need a little reminder to do some stuff for you this weekend, maybe this can be a little prompt.  It's not like I'm ordering you or anything (although I was an Army officer so I know how to do it!!)
BUT...
wouldn't it be lovely, if over the next week or so, you did some of this...just for you. Or for someone else
AND...
I'm pleased to say I've been able to tick quite a few of these off lately. 
BUT...
for really good people who are ticking things off by doing things that they've never done before and raising money in the process, and for an opportunity to donate to a good cause, please have a look at this site...
...and maybe find someone to sponsor. I did. It's a fantastic cause; to raise $100,000 to fund supporting programs and services for Aussie kids who have been affected by substance abuse, mental illness and/or homelessness.
quote image from here
P.S. thanks so much for the clever/funny/ever so slightly 'psst I think she might be a bit of a nutter' comments about the crochet covered rock yesterday. I'm pleased to see that you all have a fabulous sense of humour and if the postage on rocks weren't so prohibitive I'd be sending you all one in the mail...yes Edith...even to Maida Vale!!