my weekend project ~ a gift for a new baby...

on Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's been a very long time since I've had the paints out bloggy peeps! Too long. So I thought I'd start with something very simple...to ease me back into it...if you know what I mean.
A friend of mine became a grandmother last week, so I thought I'd make something for her new grandson...


I wanted to give the message that every baby is unique...


different in their own special way...
'like no other' in fact...
It's a very imperfect 'painting' I know (soooo out of practice) but I like the design...and I'll be working on it...perhaps I'll use watercolours next time...
Now I'm just waiting for someone to have a daughter so I can make a girly version...butterflies I'm thinking...
Oh, and you won't believe the plotting and planning I've done for the etsy shop...even bought a new sewing machine. Whoa...my first 'day off' Wednesday is looking jam packed already! But for now I'd better go and wrap this up and send it off!
Hope your week has started well...and once again, because I can't say it too much or too often...thank you so much for all your lovely comments and incredible support. It means heaps! It really does.